Monday, March 3, 2008

Our Favorite Books

We sure love books!
Our town has a good library, especially for such a small place, and the much bigger Vermillion library is not too far away, so we go to each about once a week. The hardest part about using the library (besides remembering the due dates) is having to return books we really like.
In light of that, I thought I'd make a list of the books that we particularly enjoy and would like to add to our personal collection, if we could find them at garage sales, ebay, etc.

Here's the beginning of the list:
Tomie DePaola's Favorite Nursery Tales--Tomie DePaola
The Wild Horses of Sweetbriar--Natalie Kinsey-Warnock
The Fiddler of the Northern Lights--Natalie Kinsey-Warnock
The Bee Tree--Patricia Polacco
Babushka's Doll--Patricia Polacco
Thunder Cake--Patricia Polacco
Paul Revere's Ride--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, illustrated by Ted Rand (our favorite)
On My Way to Buy Eggs--Chih Y. Chen
Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening--Robert Frost, illustrated by Susan Jeffers
Railway Rhymes--a Thomas and Friends board book of poetry

I'm sure we will add more later!

No comments: