Monday, March 10, 2008

Amazing children

We just saw some internet stories about a 4 year old singing the national anthem in Texas and a 17 month old reading on the Today show, and couldn't resist posting our own little wonders.
David and Sarah are playing "The E String Concerto" together in the living room. Sure, it only has one note, but it's a good one! :)

Michael is "reading" a birthday card to Grandma at his 2nd birthday party. Yes, he's definitely holding it right side up, saying something like "two." He does recognize letters, though, especially if they are related to Cookie Monster ("Cookie Man, C!") or Elmo ("E, E, Ehmo!").

Sarah did point to the place on the page where I had left off reading in "The Straw Ox" last night, and she found the word "Murdoch" on the page in our Thomas poetry book. "M is for Murdoch." That's not something you hear everyday! She likes the sounds that letters make.

David's musical accomplishment for the night was playing the Transformers theme song in octaves with both hands on the piano. He likes to go up and down the keyboard, playing it in every possible octave, but tonight he put two of them together so it was EXTRA LOUD. He called it "playing in chords" (pronounced like it looks). I think I remember Auntie Emmy doing something like that with the "C is for Cookie" song..... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least David isn't playing Heart and Soul in every key....although...I could teach him....

Five Little Monkeys said...

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)