Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Homecoming Parade




We had an unseasonably warm day for the Homecoming parade in September! The kids were roasting as they walked down the street--and David's class was about to melt on the pavement, not in someone's hand! Fortunately, Mrs. Evans had handed out the sun visors that they made on the first day of school, so at least their eyes were shaded. Mommy got to help carry the first grade's sign this year (it's a room mother privilege).
Sarah's class dressed up as stars to represent the Milky Way. Can you tell there was a candy theme? The little ones did get to ride on a hayrack, which was probably good on such a hot day!

2 comments:

Auntie Emmy said...

Didn't they have a candy theme a couple years ago too when David was in preschool or was that just his class?

Five Little Monkeys said...

I was trying to remember that too--I know his class dressed up as Skittles, but I don't remember the theme.