Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our Little Angels







We had a big day on Sunday! The children were all angels in the Sunday School Christmas program during church.


Their job was to yell, "Surprise!" whenever something unexpected happened in the story--like God promising a savior to Adam and Eve, Cyrus freeing captive Israel, and, of course, God coming to earth as a baby in a manger. Their favorite part was when the angels appeared to the shepherds and the children got to yell, "Multitude Surprise!" and flit around the big kids saying, "Glory to God in the highest!"


At the end of the program, one of the church members gave each of the children the traditional paper bag of treats, which they thoroughly enjoyed. The older ones were happy to pose for a picture, but Michael just said, "I tired of being an angel. I not want to be an angel anymore."


It was a good thing we had a potluck lunch to fill our hungry tummies right away!

2 comments:

Totallyscrappy said...

"Multitude Surprise" stikes me as very funny! I love it.

The Parson's Wife said...

How wonderful! I not want to be angel anymore... lol sweet. Blessings