Friday, November 16, 2007

Sleepy little boy talk

Tonight after the recital, David was having a little bit of trouble getting settled down for sleep. He asked me to come into his room because there were scary shadows and it was just too dark. After I came in and we talked for a while, he said, "Mom, I will love you until the end of the world. I love you for nine thousand hundred Valentine's Days, and also the days in between. Did you know that there used to be scary pictures of monsters with pumpkins for heads on my wall? Now I can see a new picture of a little boy, and he is hugging his mommy, and there are hearts flying everywere! Also, there used to be a skeleton in my bed beside me, and that made me scared. Now it has turned into a Christmas tree! You can leave anytime you want now."
That made me smile. :)

No comments: